You are here
Post adoption support
North Tyneside Council is committed to supporting adopted children and their new families.
- Individual support packages for all children placed for adoption
- Dedicated worker to act as a point of contact for families needing support
- Help and advice for families needing specialist services
- Social events for adoptive families
- Additional training to meet the specific needs of new families
- Links to independent agencies offering post-adoption support
- Support to facilitate post adoption contact arrangements for adopters and birth family
- Adopters support groups
- Supporting waiting adopters group
- Access to birth records for adopted adults
The services offered reflect and respond to the wide and changing nature of the children’s and families’ needs – whether practical, emotional, financial or purely advisory.