Join us for a Swimathon event to raise funds for the Alzheimer’s Society. Enter as an individual or as a team. All abilities are welcome to participate.
You are here
Children’s swimming lessons
Due to the demand for swimming lessons for children, you will need to complete a registration form (see below) to add your child(ren) to the waiting list.
Children from the age of 4 years can join the Advanced Ducklings swimming lessons. To progress to levels one and above, your child must be in the school year that they turn 5.
Our aquatic programme also offers:
- synchronised swimming
- rookie lifeguards
- teen swimming lessons
If you are interested please complete the registration form, so we can assess demand before arranging sessions.
When you receive a message detailing the swimming lesson offered, please contact us, before the deadline date, to secure the place.
Check your child’s position on the waiting list:
Telephone: (0191) 643 7437
Adult swimming lessons
If you’re interested in adult swimming lessons, Hadrian Leisure Centre holds an adult drop-in session.
|Day||Time||ease EXTRA card||No card||Priority card|
|Mon||9.45am to 10.15am
7pm to 7.30pm
|Tue||11.30am to 12noon||£6.05||£7.95||£4.35|
We also offer one-to-one lessons for £20.95 per 30 minutes or you can book a block of 4 lessons for £66.40. Please contact reception on 0191 643 2025 to find out when swimming instructors are available.
Activities and offers
- pool parties – available at all four centres
- off peak swimming – £1.70 with an easeEXTRA card (weekdays 9am-12noon and 1-4pm, excluding school holidays)
- Swim to Trim - get more active and swim your way to fitness at a discounted rate
- No Limits Aqua Club - for easeEXTRA 0-16 card holders
- Swim-a-song – for adults with babies and toddlers
- Duckling Awards - helping babies and toddlers learn to swim
- Rookie Lifeguards
For further information please contact the centres direct.