You are here

In year transfers

In Year admissions are those that take place other than the normal time of entry to the school.

The Access Team will co-ordinate the transfer process on behalf of all schools in North Tyneside including Academies, Voluntary Aided and Trust.

To transfer schools you must complete an 'In Year' application form which is available below and return to:

Access Team
North Tyneside Council
2nd Floor
Quadrant West
Silverlink North
Cobalt Business Park
North Tyneside
NE27 0BY

If the pupil is currently attending a North Tyneside school, the Headteacher of their current school must complete Section B of the application form this means that schools will always be aware of any transfer requests. The application will not be processed unless that has happened.

You may express up to three preferences and may include schools in other areas. If your preferences are for schools other than North Tyneside we will contact the appropriate admission authority of that school to enable a decision to be made on your application.

If there are places available the start date may not be immediate and would normally be at the beginning of a half term. If the year group is full, the admission authority will write to you and inform you of your right to appeal to the Independent Appeals Panel.

Share this page