Our parks have a fantastic range of activities and events this autumn and winter! There's something for everyone - why not try something new?
You are here
(0191) 643 7897 | Park Wardens: 07866587269 | 07581069814
The park is open from 6.30am. The gates are currently being locked at 6.30pm, this is a temporary measure and is subject to review.
During autumn/winter 2017-18 the Verandah Café is open as follows:
September: 10am to 4.30pm daily; October and March: 10.30am to 3.30pm daily (Closed from November until 9 February)
Wallsend Parks are a fantastic group of three public parks, close to Wallsend town centre.
They form an essential resource for wildlife and people in three unique, connected green spaces over 16 hectares in size.
Explore historic grounds, woodland walks, wildlife habitats, a cosy café and range of self-led activities – not to mention a fantastic children’s play area!
Wallsend Parks is made up of:
- Wallsend Civic Hall Grounds – a quiet parkland with formal walks and points of historical interest, dating back as far as 1790
- Prince Road Arboretum – an open grassland area, sloping down to a natural burn with a mixture of open spaces and beautiful views
- Richardson Dees Park – a Victorian park dating from 1900, incorporating formal planting with a wide range of facilities:
- multi-age play area
- Verandah Café *
- community pavilion
- bowling greens
- outdoor gym
- tennis and basketball courts
- skate park
- multi-use games area
- lakeside and woodland walks
- sculpture story trail
- plant hunter trail
- public toilets
* The Verandah Café opening times vary with the seasons and depend on the weather. Our core times are 10.30am to 3pm. For further information call us on (0191) 643 2242.