You are here
Equality and diversity
North Tyneside Council is working to achieve the equality aims of the 2010 Equality Act.
We aim to:
- eliminate unlawful discrimination, victimisation and harassment
- advance equality of opportunity
- foster good relations
We are working to:
- minimise disadvantage
- take steps to meet the needs of people from protected groups
- encourage those from protected groups to take part where their participation is proportionately low
In addition, in order to fulfil the Public Sector Equality Duty, we have published:
- appropriate and proportionate information through our equality review documents
- our equality objectives
We also carry out Equality Impact Assessments on proposals to assess their potential impact on people with different characteristics.