You are here
Tyne Port Health
Tyne Port Health Authority is hosted by North Tyneside Council and it is responsible for a range of functions connected with the Port of Tyne and all shipping that enters the port.
The main responsibilities of Tyne Port Health Authority include:
- Ensuring minimum standards of hygiene in relation to galleys, and water supplies on board ships as well as checking on crew welfare and pest control on vessels.
- Carrying out Ship Sanitation inspection.
- Carrying out routine checks on imported foods passing through the port.
- Sampling of ships water supplies from vessels and quayside supplies.
- Ensuring all controls are in place to prevent the entry of infectious diseases through the port.
Tyne Port Health Authority is approved to issue:
- Ship Sanitation Control and Ship Sanitation Control Exemption Certificates
- Common Entry Documents for imported foods not of animal origin
The authority charges for some of its services and the schedule of fees and charges are included below.
Public Protection Services
Cobalt Business Park
Tel: (0191) 643 6100
Out of hours: 07816 931413
Fax: 0191 643 2016