You are here

Tell us what you think


Tell us what you think about the Local offer.

How can we help?
Your details

Resolving problems

If you have an issue with a service there are a number of ways that problems can be resolved but we would always recommend talking to the manager of the service first.

If the service manager does not resolve the issue to your satisfaction, this section sets out the steps that are available to you, if you want to make a complaint or raise an issue.

Services will try to deal with any issues at the earliest opportunity to prevent more stress and inconvenience.

Problems with council services

Issues with our services can be resolved using our complaints procedure.

You can appeal to the Special Educational Needs and Disability Tribunal if you disagree with the council's decisions about your child's special educational needs.

Problems with nurseries, schools and colleges

You must complain to the nursery, school or college in the first instance. All nursery, schools and colleges should have their own complaints procedure, which you can ask to see.

If you have followed all stages of the complaints policy and are still not satisfied, GOV.UK sets out the best routes for making a complaint.

Ofsted can consider complaints from parents about schools but only where the complaint is about the school as a whole rather than in relation to individual children. Ofsted deal with complaints about registered childcare providers i.e. nurseries.

Problems with health services

Make complaints to the Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust and North Tyneside Clinical Care Commissioning Group.

Complaints about a GP should be made to the practice manager in the first instance.

SIGN directory

SIGN logo

SIGN North Tyneside Directory

Share this page