You are here
Nationality checking service
About the checking service
We check that your British citizenship application forms are:
- completed correctly
- submitted to the Home Office
- have the relevant documents
The service is by appointment only.
Annual fees (non-refundable):
- Adult - £65 each
- Joint application (two adults married to each other or living at the same address) - £100
- Children - £35 each child
- Maximum family booking fee (two adults and their children living at the same address) - £150
- Admin fee of £15 per booking for any changes made to appointment date or time
- Individual Citizenship Ceremony - £135 per person or members of one family (2 parents together with their children)
What you should bring to the appointment
You must make your application in person. If you're married or in a civil partnership and want to make a joint application, both of you must visit in person. If you have children under 18 years old, they don't have to be present.
You must bring:
- a completed citizenship application form
- an original copy of your successful 'Life in the UK' test certificate (naturalisation only)
- proof of your Knowledge of Life and Language (KOLL) requirement
The citizenship application fee is payable to the Home Office. You must pay the service checking fee separately from the citizenship application fee.