You are here
Information for candidates
Information and resources
For relevant guidance and resources please visit the Electoral Commission.
This includes the following:
- Part 1 – Can you stand for election?
- Part 2a – Standing as an independent candidate
- Part 2b – Standing as a party candidate
- Part 3 – Spending and donations
- Part 4 – The campaign
- Part 5 – Your right to attend electoral events
- Part 6 – After the declaration of results
Nominations can be delivered from Tuesday 28 March until the close of nominations (4pm on Tuesday 4 April 2017).
You can find key dates and deadlines and a full election timetable in the Information for electors section.
A briefing session for potential candidates and agents is being held on 16 March at 6pm at Quadrant East, The Silverlink North, Cobalt Business Park, North Tyneside, NE27 0BY.
To book your place, please call Dave Brown on 0191 643 5358 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org.