About the centre
Sport is the name of the game at The Parks, catering for basketball, football (indoor and outdoor), badminton, bowls, cricket, table tennis, trampolining, gymnastics, martial arts and more!
The sports hall hosts a variety of activities as part of our dedicated children’s activity programme too; and is also the venue for our popular weekend roller discos.
Our Contours gym offers state-of-the art equipment and a comprehensive programme of classes are delivered from expert instructors in our modern studios.
We also offer a play den for children, which is located conveniently next to our cafe offering a range of delicious drinks, snacks and light meals.
The flexibility of the indoor and outdoor facilities makes The Parks a great venue for parties – from children’s play den, pirate and princess or go-karting parties, to weddings for up to 1,000 guests!
Based on the outskirts of North Shields town centre, we’re also a convenient location for meetings, with a variety of good-value room hire options available, including multi-media facilities.
- Free parking, with disabled spaces
- Contours gym
- Exercise classes
- Sports hall
- Dance/exercise studios
- Play den
- Multi-sensory room
- Martial arts
- Table Tennis
- Cricket nets
- Outdoor football pitches (floodlit)
- Indoor and outdoor bowls
- Disabled changing facilities
- Roller disco
- After school and school holiday activities
- Baby and toddler activities
- Children’s parties
- Private hire for meetings and functions
The Parks Sports Centre has the following features to assist with accessibility;
- Seven disabled parking spaces
- 3 steps & one wide load accessible ramp to the front entrance, with automatic doors
- Hearing loop at reception
- Lift from the reception area to the first floor
- One hoist for changing rooms
- 3 accessible changing rooms/Toilets
- Disabled toilet and changing facilities located in Sports Hall Corridor left wing, & right wing and first floor Contours Corridor