About the centre
Hadrian leisure centre offers an extensive range of pool classes and activities including, inflatable fun, toys and floats sessions, aqua classes, lane line swimming, adult and junior group swimming lessons, one-to-one swimming lessons and weekly disability swimming sessions.
The changing area includes single and family changing cubicles, baby changing facilities and a vanity area with hairdryers. There are also accessible ‘Changing Places’ changing rooms available for customers with a disability.
There’s plenty on offer away from the pool too, with Hadrian being home to our fantastic climbing wall – suitable for ages 8 and over. See the link on the right for more details. Full instruction is available and we also hire the climbing wall for parties.
Qualified coaches offer instruction in martial arts, badminton, gymnastics and trampolining.
Hadrian boasts fantastic football facilities, with an all-weather 3G pitch with floodlights available for hire.
Our Contours gym offers state-of-the art equipment and a comprehensive programme of classes are delivered from expert instructors in our modern studios.
We’re a popular location for children’s parties – choose from pool parties with toys and floats; multi-sports, climbing wall, trampolines, or bouncy castle. Our mascot, Burney Bear, will be delighted to help you celebrate!
- Free parking, with disabled spaces
- Swimming pools
- Swimming lessons for all ages
- Contours gym
- Exercise classes
- Disability swimming
- Changing Places facilities
- Sports hall
- Dance/exercise studios
- Climbing wall
- Children’s parties
- Baby and toddler activities
- After school and school holiday activities
- Private hire for meetings and functions
- Martial arts
- Table Tennis
- Cricket nets
- Outdoor football pitches (floodlit)
- Vending machines for refreshments
Hadrian Leisure Centre has the following features to assist with accessibility;
- Eight disabled parking spaces
- Low level access to the front entrance, with automatic doors
- Hearing loop at reception
- Lift from the reception area to the gym on the first floor
- Two poolside hoists and one hoist in ‘Changing Places’
- Four accessible larger changing rooms in the changing village
- Disabled toilet and changing facilities including shower in the reception area
- ‘Changing Places’ facility in the changing village
- Accessible stairs into main pool and learner pool
- The poolside area is all deck level, with no steps