North Tyneside Council are currently delivering several grant schemes on behalf of Government.
These grants are to support businesses with fixed commercial property costs which have been legally forced to close during the various periods below, and those in the hospitality, leisure and accommodation sectors (or supplying businesses in these sectors) that were severely impacted by local restrictions and/or national lockdowns.
Grants cover the following periods:
- 18 Sept – 04 Nov 2020 (Tier 2)
- 05 Nov – 01 Dec 2020 (National Lockdown 2)
- 02 Dec – 29 Dec 2020 (Tier 3)
- Christmas Support Payments for Wet-led Pubs
- 30 Dec 2020 – 04 Jan 2021 (Tier 4)
- 5 Jan – 15 Feb 2021 (National Lockdown 3 & Top-up grants)
- 16 Feb – 31 Mar 2021 (extension of National Lockdown 3 payments)
If you have already applied for Tier 2 or National Lockdown 2, please do not make a further application.
Our systems are designed to calculate the grants that each business is entitled to for the above periods, based on the information provided to us.
Please refer to the eligibility checker below to determine which payments your business qualifies for.
Please note the Additional Restrictions Support Grant is being used, in line with the 7 North East Councils, to support businesses which are not ratepayers and those in the supply chain to Hospitality, Leisure & Accommodation occupying commercial premises.
At this time, we are unfortunately unable to provide grants to every business, including those working from home, businesses without fixed premises costs, and businesses that have not been legally required to close outside of the hospitality, leisure and accommodation sectors and its supply chain.
In order to complete this application, you will require the following information:
- Company registration number (if applicable)
- If you are not a limited company you will need to supply another unique identifier (VAT registration number, Tax reference number, Self-assessment reference, National insurance number, etc)
- Business rates account number (if applicable)
- The value of the business support received over the last 3 years
- Details of the bank account the grant should be paid into
- You will also need to complete a statement on how the business has been severely impacted by the local or national restrictions
If the business is eligible but not listed as the business rates payer, we will require the following additional evidence to be emailed within 48 hours of completing the application:
- A signed copy of the lease or property licence (only if you are not paying business rates).
- A bank statement dated within the last 3 months which evidences fixed property related costs.
- Evidence of turnover where required (see criteria)
Please ensure that you have the above information at-hand before starting the application process.
- This application form is for both the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Open and Closed schemes), and Closed Business Lockdown Payment.
- Please read the grant criteria and eligibility checker before completing the application form.
- Please answer all questions.
The closing date for applications is 31 March 2021.