This grant is aimed at businesses operating out of commercial premises that are normally open to the public, but have been required to close, because of staffing shortages due to an outbreak of Covid-19.
To be eligible for the scheme businesses must be able to demonstrate that they have been severely impacted due to a Covid-19 outbreak since 1 June 2021.
They must also:
- Have at least 3 employees (this can include owners or directors working in the business)
- Be closed to the public for at least 5 days
- Rely on being open to the public to trade (e.g. retail, bar, café, etc) and must not be able to conduct normal business from home
- Been trading (i.e. making sales) for at least 12 months
- Been open for the four-week period prior to the relevant closure or restricted opening of the business due to the Covid-19 outbreak
Businesses that occupy commercial premises but are not the registered business rates payer must also demonstrate one of the following:
- They have fixed premises costs of at least £500 per month and can evidence these regular, ongoing payments in their business bank account
- They can evidence turnover of a minimum of £50,000 in their previous year’s accounts or latest tax return