This grant is aimed at businesses operating out of commercial premises, that are open to the public, affected by staffing shortages due to an outbreak of Covid-19.
To be eligible for the scheme businesses must be able to demonstrate that they have been severely impacted due to a Covid-19 outbreak since 1 June 2021.
They must also:
- Have at least 3 employees (this can include owners or directors working in the business)
- Be closed to the public or subjected to restricted open for at least 5 days
- Rely on being open to the public to trade (e.g. retail, bar, café, etc) and must not be able to conduct normal business from home
- Been trading (i.e. making sales) for at least 12 months
- Been open for the four-week period prior to the relevant closure or restricted opening of the business due to the Covid-19 outbreak
Businesses that occupy commercial premises but are not the registered business rates payer must also demonstrate one of the following:
- They have fixed premises costs of at least £500 per month and can evidence these regular, ongoing payments in their business bank account
- They can evidence turnover of a minimum of £50,000 in their previous year’s accounts or latest tax return