On 1st December 2020 the government announced the introduction of additional support over the festive period for wet-led pubs in areas under Tier 2 or 3 restrictions. The scheme is called the Christmas Support Payment (CSP).
You must apply for the grant no later than midnight on Sunday 31 January 2021.
Under the CSP scheme, wet-led pubs within North Tyneside will be eligible to receive a one-off lump sum payment amounting to £1,000. To be eligible you must be a wet-led pub which derives less than 50% of your income from food sales.
The following eligibility criteria will apply:
- You must operate as a Public House;
- Based in North Tyneside
- Trading on the 4th November 2020;
- Have an active Business Rates account on 1st December 2020;
- Derive less than 50% of your sales income from food (as part of the post payment grant checks you may be asked to provide evidence that demonstrates that less than 50% of the business sales income is from food);
- Not have exceeded the permitted state-aid threshold;
- Not be in administration, insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made.
For the purpose of the CSP, a Public House should under normal circumstances (without local or national restrictions) be open to the general public, allowing free entry other than when occasional entertainment is provided, allow drinking without requiring food to be consumed and permit drinks to be purchased at a bar.
The following types of business are excluded from the definition of a public house and are therefore not eligible for the support:
Restaurants; Cafes; Nightclubs; Hotels; Snack bars; Guesthouses; Boarding houses; Sporting venues; Music venues; Festival sites; Theatres; Museums; Exhibition halls; Cinemas; Concert halls; Casinos.
For eligible applications, grants will be paid to the registered business rate payer for the business property.
Further information can be found at GOV.UK.