About the centre
We offer an extensive range of pool classes and activities including aqua classes, lane-line swimming, adult and junior group swimming lessons, one-to-one swimming lessons and pool parties.
A recent addition to our programme is the Tynemouth Destroyer – a giant pool inflatable where the challenge is to beat your friends to the end of the 15-metre run! The Destroyer is also in the pool during our after-school ‘No Limits’ sessions.
The changing area includes single, double and family changing cubicles, baby changing facilities and a vanity area with hairdryers. Accessible changing rooms are available for customers with a disability.
Our Contours gym offers state-of-the art equipment and a comprehensive programme of classes are delivered from expert instructors in our modern studio.
- Free parking, with disabled spaces
- Swimming pools
- Swimming lessons for all ages
- Contours gym
- Exercise classes
- Spa, with disabled access
- Dance/exercise studio
- Baby and toddler activities
- After school and school holiday activities
- Table tennis
- Disabled changing facilities
- Children’s parties
- Private hire for meetings and functions
- Vending machines for refreshments
Tynemouth Pool has the following features to assist with accessibility;
- Six disabled parking spaces
- Low level access to the front entrance, with automatic doors
- Hearing loop at reception
- Poolside hoist (a member of staff will operate this for you)
- Four accessible larger changing rooms in the changing village
- Disabled toilet & changing facilities in changing village, and spa area all on the ground floor
- Accessible stairs into main pool (there is one step to access the stairs)
- Steps to enter small pool