About the centre
Located on The Links in Whitley Bay, Waves has an ever-popular wave machine, high octane slides for adults and children alike, and a special aquatic play area featuring our very own pirate ship for younger visitors.
Waves also offers an extensive range of pool classes and activities, including aqua classes, lane swimming, adult and junior group swimming lessons, one-to-one lessons and pool parties.
Our Contours gym offers state-of-the art equipment and a comprehensive programme of classes are delivered from expert instructors in our modern studio.
Why not end your workout with a visit to our relaxing spa? Featuring sauna, steam room and lots more, you’re sure to leave feeling calm and rejuvenated.
We also offer soft play for children, which can be hired for private parties, and is located conveniently next to our coffee bar offering a range of drinks and snacks.
- Free parking, with disabled spaces (3 hour maximum parking limit now in place. Permits available at reception if required)
- Swimming pool with wave machine and slides
- Children’s play pool with pirate ship feature
- Learner pool
- Swimming lessons for all ages
- Contours gym, refurbished in 2016
- Exercise classes
- Dance/exercise studios
- Soft play
- Disabled changing facilities
- Children’s parties
- After school and school holiday activities
- Private hire for meetings and functions
- Coffee bar for drinks and light refreshments
Wellbeing Walking Groups also take place across the borough, with one group meeting at Waves. For more information, see here.
Waves has the following features to assist with accessibility;
- Six disabled parking spaces
- Low level access to the front entrance, with automatic doors
- Hearing loop at reception
- Lift at reception to 1st floor
- Lift from spa area (1st floor) to poolside
- Poolside accessible with no steps
- Swimming Pool can be accessed via the gradual ramp in the beach area. Wheelchairs are provided that can be used to enter the water via the beach area.
- Poolside hoist that can be used in the small pool or main pool
- Steps are available for the small pool and main pool
- 3 disabled toilets on the ground floor
- 2 disabled changing rooms in the changing village. 1 has an electronic changing bed. The other has a shower and a hydraulic hoist.
- The changing village entrance has an automatic door and is all on one level.
- One accessible change outside of the spa area with a shower.
- Braille signage on all toilets and changing facilities