To appeal against the banding placed on your property contact the Valuation Office Agency at:

You may also appeal if you consider that you are not liable to pay Council Tax. For example, because you are

  • not the resident or owner
  • your property is exempt
  • you think the Council has made a mistake in calculating your bill

If you wish to appeal on these grounds you must notify the Council in writing so that it has the opportunity to reconsider your case.

Making an appeal does not allow you to withhold payment of Council Tax owing in the meantime, if your appeal is successful you will be entitled to a refund of any overpaid tax.

For further details about the appeal procedures including the role of valuation tribunals contact: 

North Tyneside Council
Revenue Service
Quadrant East
The Silverlink North
Cobalt Business Park
North Tyneside
NE27 0BY