About our video relay service
Our video relay service is provided in partnership with SignVIdeo. It gives our Deaf or Hard of Hearing customers who use British Sign Language (BSL) live access to our Customer Services Team through an online BSL interpreter.
This free service launched in June 2020 and will run for 12 months as a pilot project. We will gather feedback during this time.
Contact our BSL interpreter
To contact the service via a computer, you’ll need video capability and broadband access:
- Click on the 'Contact our BSL interpreter' button to make a call from your web browser
- You will be connected to a registered BSL interpreter
- The interpreter will connect to North Tyneside Council and the conversation can begin
Before using our interpretation service, please check your device meets one of the following requirements:
- An Apple mobile device running iOS 11 or above
- An Android device running Android 4.4 or above
- A desktop computer with the latest version of Chrome or Firefox