BorrowBox - our 24/7 digital library
You can access free eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines via our digital library, BorrowBox.
- Thousands of eBooks & eAudiobooks completely free of charge, including the latest bestsellers in both fiction and non-fiction, for adults & children
- Free eMagazines
- Up to 6 eBooks, 6 eAudiobooks and 6 eMagazines on your account at any one time, for a period of up to 3 weeks
- No overdue charges - items will automatically be returned at the end of the loan period
- The ability to tailor the app to suit your reading preferences and needs
Read online at https://northtyneside.borrowbox.com/ or download the BorrowBox app.
All you need to use the service is:
- A tablet, phone or computer with internet access
- A North Tyneside Libraries membership ticket and PIN
To get started with the BorrowBox app:
- For Apple devices, find the BorrowBox app in the App Store
- For Android devices, find the BorrowBox app in the Google Play Store
- For Kindle Fires, find the BorrowBox app in the Amazon App Store
- Once in the app, find your library service -- North Tyneside Libraries
- Sign in with your library ticket (28012 number) and your library PIN.
- If you have forgotten your PIN, you can get a new one from any of our libraries. If you have an email address registered with us, you can reset it here.
Please note that Kindle eReaders and some older devices are not compatible with this service.
See our help guides below, including how to download eBooks from BorrowBox and transfer to an eReader, such as a Kobo. Alternatively, you can watch the official BorrowBox user guide video here: https://youtu.be/EAUbsyA-Eys
You can browse the library catalogue at the link below. If you are a library member, and have been issued with a PIN, you can also log into your account to view your current loans, renew your items and place reservations.
If you are a library member but cannot log into the catalogue, or would like to request a PIN, please speak to staff at your local branch.
The library catalogue can be found here:
You can join our libraries online by using the form at:
Online membership last for one full year. This membership gives you access to use our eBook and eAudiobook service through BorrowBox. It will also give you access to our libraries’ online catalogue.
The online joining form requires your email address and date of birth. After completing the online form you will be sent an email that includes your new PIN that can be used to access BorrowBox or the online catalogue.
Once you join online, you can convert this into a full library membership by speaking to a member of staff at any library branch. Full library membership last for four years and allows you access to all online services as well as taking out loans of printed books. It will also grant you access to use our People’s Network computers in the libraries.