Re-Use of Public Sector Information (RPSI)

What are the RPSI Regulations?

The Re-use of Public Sector Information Regulations 2015 requires North Tyneside Council to make information that is accessible and produced as part of our public task available for re-use unless restricted or excluded. 'Public task' means our core responsibilities and functions, such as:

  • Council Tax collections
  • Education
  • Highways
  • Housing
  • Libraries
  • Planning
  • Public safety
  • Social care
  • Trading standards
  • Waste management

Do I need to make a request for re-use?

You do not need to ask permission to re-use any accessible information for which North Tyneside Council holds the copyright, but you must agree and comply with the terms of the Open Government Licence (OGL).

You are free to use any information supplied for your own use, including for non-commercial research purposes. This includes content published on the North Tyneside Council website (not including logos), unless otherwise stated. The information may also be used for the purposes of news reporting. We retain copyright to all information we disclose.

Contact us

If you wish to submit a request to re-use information you should write to us at giving:

  • Your name and address
  • What information you would like to re-use
  • The purpose you intend to use the information for

When we receive your request, we will deal with it within 20 working days, unless your request is complicated.

Our response will tell you about any conditions for re-use, and if you will be charged a fee to re-use the information. In most cases information will be available to re-use free of charge. If the information is available electronically and you are happy to receive it by email there will be no charge. There may be a charge if you require paper copies of documents.

What if I'm not happy with the Council's decision?

If you are unhappy with our decision, please contact us for an internal review by a senior officer. This will be done within 20 working days of your initial response.

If, following the review you are still not satisfied, you may appeal to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) and request that they review the decision.