What is the Spirit of North Tyneside?
Welcome to the Elected Mayor’s Spirit of North Tyneside Award.
Spirit of North Tyneside is about celebrating, and saying thank you to those who give their time and energy to supporting the people and communities of North Tyneside.
It’s about those unsung heroes who help North Tyneside thrive and who care about people, families, communities and our beautiful Borough.
That could be helping a neighbour, volunteering, setting up a local group, or random acts of kindness that make a difference to the lives of people living in North Tyneside.
We want to say a simple thank you and let them know that what they do, makes a difference and it’s appreciated.
The award categories are listed below:
- Chair’s award for outstanding contribution to North Tyneside – a person or group who have made an outstanding contribution to North Tyneside and have gone above and beyond for residents or their community
- Young Mayor’s award for children and young people’s outstanding contribution to North Tyneside – a child or young person who has made an outstanding contribution to North Tyneside and have gone above and beyond for residents or their community.
- Helping to make North Tyneside a Thriving Borough – a person or group who have helped to make North Tyneside an extra special place.
- Caring for people in your community – a person or group who have cared for those in our community who need it most.
- Supporting families in your community – a person or group who have gone above and beyond for their neighbours.
- Keeping North Tyneside safe and secure – a person or group who have made our community feel safer.
- Keeping North Tyneside sustainable and green – a person or group who have contributed to our aims to make North Tyneside green and sustainable and embraced the challenges of climate change.
These awards are for people that Live or work in North Tyneside and their contribution has had an impact in North Tyneside.