We listen, we care: the standards you can expect from North Tyneside Council
We are here to serve you, our residents, businesses and visitors. From bin collections to social care, we strive to deliver excellent customer service to keep North Tyneside a great place to live, work and visit.
You have told us what matters to you, and we have developed this customer promise, so you know what you can expect from us, and what to do if things don’t go well.
- We take time to fully understand and meet your individual needs
- We are open, honest and use clear language in all our communication
- Where appropriate, we prefer to serve you via our website, but if this is not right for you, there are different ways to contact us and use our services
- We use your experiences to design our services and help communities to get involved
- We put you in contact with the right person and, when possible, tell you how long it will take to solve your query
- We keep you informed with up to date information and explain what we have done
- We treat you with courtesy, politeness and understanding
- We keep your personal data secure and respect your privacy
- We admit when we are wrong, we say sorry, and make every effort to put it right
- We give you straightforward and clear advice about the services that are available to you
- We work together as a team who support and respect each other
You can help us keep our promise
You can help us to keep our promise by:
- treating us politely and with respect,
- letting us know if you have any specific needs,
- giving us the information we need to deal with your enquiry, and
- telling us how you feel about our service by giving us feedback so we can learn and improve.
You can do this by emailing us or calling us on 0191 643 7477.
You can also contact us by BSL using our Video Relay Service.