Paying for school meals
First, Primary, Middle and Special schools
All children in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 are eligible for Universal Infant Free School Meals.
Unless you are eligible for benefit-based free school meals you will need to pay for school lunches from the start of Year 3.
School meals are great value at only £2.25 a day.
School meals should be paid for:
- online using ParentPay website
- before they are taken
- preferable a week in advance
Paying online means that you can do this at a time that's convenient for you. Pay for school meals online at www.parentpay.com
To set up a ParentPay account you require an activation username and password, which can be sent to you by email or letter.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PARENTPAY is managed by North Tyneside Council Catering Services, not your child's school.
Please ignore any advice on the ParentPay website, where it asks you to contact your school.
Please email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org Please ensure you include your child's name and school in your email.
Catering Services operate an online cashless system, ParentPay, for the payment of school meals. The system ensures all students are able to pay for school meals safely without the risks associated with handling cash and without the need to use biometric data. Cash is no longer taken at school and in addition to ParentPay, contactless card payments can be made at the till by students.
All bank debit cards accepted along with prepayment cards; Go Henry; Rooster Money; Capital One Money Teen; Pockit; Osper
All parents should set up a ParentPay account in order to monitor meals purchased by your child, as all students will be served a meal if they come to the counter, regardless if they have credit on their account and this will be recorded as a sale on their ParentPay account. To set up a ParentPay account, you require an activation user name and password which can be sent by email or letter to you. Students also require a QR code or pin number to pay for meals at the till and this can be requested by email.
Secondary Schools using ParentPay
Churchill Community College; John Spence Community High; Longbenton High; Marden High; Monkseaton High; Norham High and Whitley Bay High.
For all other secondary schools, please contact your school direct.
To request activation details or a QR code
Please email email@example.com with your child's name and school.
Students who are entitled to free school meals will always remain anonymous as all students accounts are accessed the same way. Your child's account is credited with £2.25 per day when they are in school. Additional purchases or over spends on £2.25 need to be paid for by the student or parent, using your ParentPay account or making a card payment in school at time of purchase.
Managing your ParentPay Account - Automatic top-up payments with ParentPay
Auto top up assists parents and carers in ensuring their child's school meal balance is always in credit. It does so by allowing you to set a minimum balance which, when breached automatically credits your child's meal balance by a fixed amount using a balance transfer payment. In order to use auto top-up, you are required to set up the bank transfer facility on your ParentPay account. As soon as this is authorised and completed by your bank, you will be able to use the outo top-up facility.
- For more information visit www.parentpay.com/bank-transfer-and-auto-top-up/
- Register and pay for school meals online at www.parentpay.com
- For FAQ's and more information www.parentpay.com/parents/
Here are some helpful video's to help you with ParentPay
- How to activate your ParentPay account? https://parentpay.wistia.com/medias/knza87f1wm
- How to add a child to an existing ParentPay account? https://parentpay.wistia.com/medias/i256ib6jp0
- How to make a payment by credit or debit card? https://parentpay.wistia.com/medias/ae1fqykk8d
- How to set up a bank transfer and make a payment? https://parentpay.wistia.com/medias/2b3xg3890m
- How to top up the parent account balance and make a payment? https://parentpay.wistia.com/medias/6gv94ydrbj
- How to set up alerts and send messages? https://parentpay.wistia.com/medias/6a217ihl3g
- How to view the transaction history? https://parentpay.wistia.com/medias/kst5q557ok