About free school meals
You're eligible for free school meals if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Pension Credit Guarantee
- Child Tax Credit without Working Tax Credit & an annual taxable income below £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit and an annual taxable income below £16,190
Applications can be taken over the telephone by calling
(0191) 643 2288 or by completing the form below.
All children in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 are eligible for Universal Infant Free School Meals, however you must still complete the application form below to register. If you do not complete a free meal application form you will have to pay for meals from Year 3.
Apply for free school meals
How the information will be used
The information you provide in this form will be used by the council to confirm receipt of one of the listed welfare benefits. Once this is confirmed, this helps to decide how much money your child’s school will receive each year.
The information will also be used to decide whether they are eligible for free school meals.
You will need to complete this form once and it will last for the duration of your child’s time at a North Tyneside school. You should contact the local authority if you have a change in financial circumstances.
We are committed to ensuring that the personal and sensitive information that we hold about you is protected and kept safe and secure, and we have measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. We will use the information you provide to assess entitlement to free school meals. The information may also be shared with other council department to offer benefits and services.