(0191) 643 7897 | Park Wardens: 07866587269 | 07581069814
The park is open from 6.30am. The gates are currently being locked at 6.30pm, this is a temporary measure and is subject to review.
Wallsend Parks are a fantastic group of three public parks, close to Wallsend town centre.
They form an essential resource for wildlife and people in three unique, connected green spaces over 16 hectares in size.
Explore historic grounds, woodland walks, wildlife habitats, a cosy café and range of self-led activities – not to mention a fantastic children’s play area!
Wallsend Parks is made up of:
- Wallsend Civic Hall Grounds – a quiet parkland with formal walks and points of historical interest, dating back as far as 1790
- Prince Road Arboretum – an open grassland area, sloping down to a natural burn with a mixture of open spaces and beautiful views
- Richardson Dees Park – a Victorian park dating from 1900, incorporating formal planting with a wide range of facilities:
- multi-age play area
- Verandah Café
- community pavilion
- bowling greens
- outdoor gym
- tennis and basketball courts
- skate park
- multi-use games area
- lakeside and woodland walks
- sculpture story trail
- plant hunter trail
- public toilets
The Verandah Café in Richardson Dees Park is open from 10.30am to 3pm daily until the end of October half term. It is closed from 3 November, re-opening at February half term. From February half term to April it is open from 10.30am - 3pm at weekends only. Please note, opening times may vary due to business needs or bad weather. Please see the park noticeboards for Christmas opening hours.