(0191) 643 7897 | Park Wardens: 07866587269 | 07581069814
The park is open from 6.30am, the toilets are open from 10am to 4pm. The gates are currently being locked at 6.30pm, this is a temporary measure and is subject to review.
The Verandah Café in Richardson Dees Park is open from 10.30am to 5pm daily.
Wallsend Parks are a fantastic group of three public parks, close to Wallsend town centre.
They form an essential resource for wildlife and people in three unique, connected green spaces over 16 hectares in size.
Explore historic grounds, woodland walks, wildlife habitats, a cosy café and range of self-led activities – not to mention a fantastic children’s play area!
Wallsend Parks is made up of:
- Wallsend Civic Hall Grounds – a quiet parkland with formal walks and points of historical interest, dating back as far as 1790
- Prince Road Arboretum – an open grassland area, sloping down to a natural burn with a mixture of open spaces and beautiful views
- Richardson Dees Park – a Victorian park dating from 1900, incorporating formal planting with a wide range of facilities:
- multi-age play area
- Verandah Café
- community pavilion
- bowling greens
- outdoor gym
- tennis and basketball courts
- skate park
- multi-use games area
- lakeside and woodland walks
- sculpture story trail
- plant hunter trail
- public toilets