Our procurement strategy provides us with a clear vision, and sets out the strategic aims which will direct and govern procurement over the next four years. It is aimed at:
- elected members
- partners who work with us to commission and deliver services
- the business community
- our officer team
It also references some of the technical aspects of procurement.
Standard documentation that we use when undertaking a tendering exercise include:
- method statement
- general conditions of contract (must be included with every tender) either:
- general conditions for supply of services
- general conditions for supply of goods
- specific terms and conditions (should be reviewed on a case by case basis and used when relevant)
- form of tender - tenderers are required to sign this, stating they are making a formal offer which is legally binding (this must be returned with the tender documents)
- non-collusive tendering certificate - tenderers are required to sign this, confirming that they haven't colluded with any other company when making their proposal (this document must be returned with the tender documents)
- articles of agreement - this is the document signed by representatives of the Council and the successful supplier which makes the contract binding
If there is a need for a contract in your area please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standing orders with respect to contracts
The purpose of standing orders is to set clear rules for the procurement of goods, works and services for the Council.
North Tyneside's Responsible Procurement Charter
Add your content here. Don't forget to add your group under Access Category, below.