Our procurement strategy provides us with a clear vision, and sets out the strategic aims which will direct and govern procurement over the next four years. It is aimed at:
- elected members
- partners who work with us to commission and deliver services
- the business community
- our officer team
It also references some of the technical aspects of procurement.
Standard documentation that we use when undertaking a tendering exercise include:
- method statement
- general conditions of contract (must be included with every tender) either:
- general conditions for supply of services
- general conditions for supply of goods
- specific terms and conditions (should be reviewed on a case by case basis and used when relevant)
- form of tender - tenderers are required to sign this, stating they are making a formal offer which is legally binding (this must be returned with the tender documents)
- non-collusive tendering certificate - tenderers are required to sign this, confirming that they haven't colluded with any other company when making their proposal (this document must be returned with the tender documents)
- articles of agreement - this is the document signed by representatives of the Council and the successful supplier which makes the contract binding
If there is a need for a contract in your area please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standing orders with respect to contracts
The purpose of standing orders is to set clear rules for the procurement of goods, works and services for the Council.