We've made great improvements in the amount of waste recycled and reduced the amount of rubbish produced since our first strategy in 2002.
Awareness among residents has been raised to an unprecedented level.
Participation in recycling increased to 94% in 2009, compared to 45% in 2005 and residents now accept recycling as an everyday activity.
- you're asking more questions about what happens to recycling after collection
- you're demanding more action from supermarkets and food manufacturers on packaging
- consumer demand has led to a decrease of 50% in carrier bag usage
The 'Change our thinking' campaign gives:
- rewards and incentives to encourage even more recyling
- advice and information on how you can minimise your waste