Find us/contact us
Environment, Leisure and Housing
Newcastle upon Tyne
Telephone: (0191) 643 2165
You'll find us forward of the security gate on the left hand side. Parking is available directly outside the office. A one way system is in place around the office and a speed limit of 10 mph applies.
We are open for personal visits between 9.30 am and 4.00 pm, Monday to Friday.
What we do and how we can help
- hackney carriage and private hire vehicles
- operators of private hire vehicles
You can contact us for:
- general enquiries
- application forms
- knowledge tests
- vehicle testing and suitability of vehicles
- informal or confidential advice
- comments about the conduct of a driver
- comments about the condition of a vehicle
- comments about an operator
We no longer accept cheques. Please make your payment with cash, credit or debit card.
A list of fees and charges is shown below
We are required by law to maintain a register of hackney carriage proprietors and part proprietors and private hire drivers, and to make these available to the public for inspection at any reasonable time.
You can inspect the registers between 9.30am and 4pm, Monday to Friday. There is no charge for this service.