Ten reasons why more people choose to foster with us
More and more people choose to foster with North Tyneside Council:
- You will receive fees of up to £600 a week, paid for 52 weeks a year, whether or not you have a child placed with you.
- North Tyneside Council has children and young people in need of placement 52 weeks of the year.
- You will get first priority over agency carers for placements; and former agency carers will be fast tracked through the approval process.
- North Tyneside Council is a non-profit organisation so our focus is on the best interests of the children and providing the best support for foster carers.
- North Tyneside Council finds the best match for you and your family as we are responsible for all the local children in care.
- In addition to weekly fees paid 52 weeks per year, you will receive an allowance to cover your foster child’s living expenses.
- You will receive a high level of support from your social worker. North Tyneside Council also provides 24-hour support, so help is always at hand if you need it.
- You will receive full and ongoing training throughout your career as a foster carer and training tailored to the needs of the child you foster.
- You will receive support from the North Tyneside Fostering Network and be able to join in with regular social activities and be part of a wider community.
- You will receive two weeks’ paid holiday a year, plus additional respite.