Food premises approval

Apply for food premises approval

Your food premises may need our approval. Apply for food premises approval.

See the types of premises that need our approval.

Change in circumstances

Premises that need local authority approval

Examples of the type of stand alone premises (i.e. not attached to a slaughter house, cutting plant or game handling establishment) that need local authority approval:

  • meat and meat products (beef, pork, poultry, lamb, rabbits etc)
  • meat processing plants
  • meat preparation plants
  • minced meat processing operations and mechanically separated meat processing plants
  • cold stores
  • live bivalve molluscs (e.g. mussels and oysters)
  • fishery products
  • milk and milk products
  • eggs
  • frogs legs and snails

Not sure? Contact us.


There is no fee for food premises approval.

Will tacit consent apply?

No. It is in the public interest that we must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from us within a reasonable period, please contact us.

Failed or refused sections

Contact us in the first instance.

Contact Environmental health