House-to-house collections

Apply for a house to house collection licence

To carry out house-to-house charity collections — for a period of up to one year — you must apply for a licence.

Apply for a licence

Supply a return for a house to house collection


There is no fee for a house to house collection licence.


You must be a fit and proper person.

Will tacit consent apply?

Yes. This means you can act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from us by the end of the target completion (28 days after submission of all relevant documentation).

Failed or refused applications

Contact us in the first instance.

You have the right to appeal to the Secretary of State for the Cabinet Office within 14 days of the refusal.

Contact Licensing