Health and Wellbeing Board 20-Nov-2017
For meetings held since November 2019, visit our current committees page.
North Tyneside Health and Wellbeing Board Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment 2018-2021
North Tyneside Health and Wellbeing Board (HWB) has a statutory duty to review its existing Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment (PNA) 2015-2018, and to publish a new PNA 2018-2021 by 1 April 2018.
The 60 day formal consultation runs from 20 November 2017 to 19 January 2018, and the draft North Tyneside PNA is available below.
Please provide your feedback on the draft PNA via the short online survey available at http://www.northtyneside.gov.uk/snap/pharmaceutical/index.htm
What is a PNA?
• A statement of the needs for pharmaceutical services in the relevant Health and Wellbeing Board area;
• A PNA identifies what is needed at a local level to guide current and future commissioning of pharmaceutical services;
• It also provides a picture of what pharmaceutical services an area already has.
Why do we need a PNA?
• It is a statutory requirement to publish a PNA;
• In accordance with regulations, the PNA must be fully revised every three years, and updated with supplementary documents as circumstances change.
How will the PNA be used?
• The PNA is the overarching framework that will determine the commissioning of pharmaceutical services in North Tyneside;
• The PNA complements the JSNA (Joint Strategic Needs Assessment) and both these needs assessments will be used to support the delivery of local Health and Wellbeing strategies.