- Browse agenda reports and minutes.
- Browse the current and previous versions of the Joint Strategic Needs Assessments
The Council is required to appoint a Health and Wellbeing Board to ensure that there is an integrated approach to the provision of health and social care services in the area. The Board brings together representatives from a range of relevant organisations to provide shared leadership of the strategic approach to health and wellbeing of communities in North Tyneside. The Board is responsible for:
- encouraging the commissioners of health and social care services to work in an integrated manner to improve the health and wellbeing of people in the area, including the making of joint arrangements.
- preparing and monitoring a Joint Strategic Needs Assessment, Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy and Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment.
- encouraging the commissioners of health-related services, such as housing, to work closely with the Board and the commissioners of health and social care services.
- considering the commissioning plans for health and social care services.