Apply for a work experience placement
Unfortunately due to the virus COVID-19, the council are not in a position to accept any new applications for work experience placements/volunteering at this time. Whilst this is disappointing I am sure you will appreciate our decision as to be based on keeping everyone as safe as possible.
Due to the demand for placements, we are only able to consider requests from people living in/studying in North Tyneside.
We are committed to equal opportunities and will provide opportunities where possible to:
- young people in care
- care leavers
- job seekers
- school/college students with limited work skills, knowledge or experience
To help us deal with your request it’s important you tell us what type of work you’re interested in. We’ll be in touch if a suitable placement is available.
If you have any questions please email:
Why consider work experience and work placements?
We can help you to develop work skills and knowledge by offering opportunities for unpaid work experience.
A placement will normally be:
- full time - over one or two weeks
- part time – one or two days a week over several weeks
We have offered placements in:
- business administration
- sport and Leisure
Please note our partners deliver on engineering, construction and ICT.
To enquire about potential placements refer to:
Benefits of work experience:
- hands on experience working alongside people who already do the job
- opportunities to explore a career area that interests you
- work related tasks which develop employability skills, such as communication, problem solving, time management and team working
- an understanding of employers needs, such as reliability, time keeping, punctuality
- real work experience to add to a CV and application forms when you apply for jobs and courses
There are always more requests than available places, but we consider all requests from North Tyneside residents. What we can offer depends on our resources.