Apply for a work experience placement
The Council can accept and consider new applications for work experience placements for 2022.
Due to the demand for placements, we are only able to consider requests from people living in/studying in North Tyneside.
We are committed to equal opportunities and will provide opportunities where possible to:
- young people in care
- care leavers
- job seekers
- school/college students with limited work skills, knowledge, or experience.
To help us deal with your request it’s important you tell us what type of work experience you are interested in. We will then be in touch to confirm whether a suitable placement is available.
If you have any questions, please email:
firstname.lastname@example.org or contact: 0191 643 8701.
To apply for a Work Experience Placement, please complete an application form
Why consider work experience and work placements?
We can support you to develop work skills and knowledge by offering opportunities for unpaid work experience.
A placement will normally be:
- Full Time – one week
- Part Time – one or two days a week over several weeks
We can offer placements in:
- Business Administration
- Sports and Leisure
- Customer Service
- Joinery/Electrical/Plumbing etc
To enquire about potential placements, please e-mail;
North Tyneside Council - email@example.com
Capita - firstname.lastname@example.org
Equans – email@example.com
Benefits of work experience:
- hands on experience working alongside people who already do the job
- opportunities to explore a career area that interests you
- work related tasks which develop employability skills, such as communication, problem solving, time management and team working
- an understanding of employer’s needs, such as reliability, time keeping, punctuality
- real work experience to add to a CV and application forms when you apply for jobs and courses
There are always more requests than available places, but we consider all requests from North Tyneside residents. What we can offer depends on our resources available.
You can find information on apprenticeships here.