In Year Transfers
In Year Applications are used for your child to move schools if you are moving into North Tyneside and need a school place for your child, or if your child is already attending a North Tyneside School and you want to change schools. This can be because of a house move or another reason. You cannot apply for an In Year Transfer to another school using the online Citizens Portal. The paper forms are available below. If you cannot download the form or you don't have a printer, please email us your address and we will post a form to you.
Please read the information below.
The Access Team will co-ordinate the transfer process on behalf of all schools in North Tyneside including Academies, Voluntary Aided and Trust Schools.
- You must fill in a separate In Year Application form for each child. Please tell us on the form if your child has school age siblings.
- You can choose up to three schools to apply for and you can apply for schools in other areas.
- If you want to apply for a place in 6th Form or a Nursery, please contact the School or Nursery directly, we do not deal with these applications.
- We can only discuss the application by phone or email with the person who makes the application. We cannot meet with you to discuss your application in person.
- If you have any queries please contact us by email at email@example.com You can send your applications to us by post or email. The postal address and email address are on the forms. If you send us your application by post please make sure you pay the correct amount of postage.
If you are moving house or have moved house within North Tyneside, or moving into or out of North Tyneside, please fill in Form A (see below) and return to the email address or postal address on the form.
If you would like to apply for a change of school for any reason other than a house move, please complete Form B (see below) and return to the email or postal address on the form.
If the pupil is currently attending a North Tyneside school, you must get the Headteacher of their current school to complete Section B of the application form. This means that schools will always be aware of any transfer requests. The application will not be processed unless Section B is completed.
You may choose up to three schools to apply for and you can apply for schools in other areas. If your preferences are for schools outside of North Tyneside we will contact the appropriate admission authority to enable a decision to be made about your application.
We will send the In Year Application form to the school or schools you have chosen to apply for. If your application is refused the Admission Authority will write to you informing you of this, and tell you of your right to appeal the decision to the Independant Appeals Panel.
If there are places available the start date in school may not be immediate and would normally be at the beginning of a half term.
You are legally required to make sure your child accesses education and therefore your child should remain at their current school until they have started attending their new school. If you do not ensure your child attends school and their absence is unauthorised you could be guilty of an offence and prosecuted.