Pay your rent

Make a rent payment


You can make a housing rent or service charge payment by clicking the link below. 

You will need your 9-digit payment reference number to make a payment.  Once you open the online payments system you will need to enter your account name (this is the name on your tenancy), your address, which is the house number and street name, your postcode and the amount you wish to pay.

The online payments system shows the balance of your rent account – if you are in credit the balance will appear as a minus figure.

Please note, the payment amount will automatically default to the full balance of rent showing (including any credit or arrears balance). If you wish to pay a different amount, you can change the amount in the ‘Amount’ box at the bottom.

Make an online payment

Other payment methods

You can also:


Each year we will send out a quarterly rent statement advising you on the position of your rent account

Rent statement periods

Rent statement distribution
Quarter Period from and to Dates from and to
1st Week 1 to 13 4 April 2022 to 3 July 2022
2nd Week 14 to 26 4 July 2022 to 2 October 2022
3rd Week 27 to 39 3 October 2022 to 1 January 2023
4th Week 40 to 52 2 January 2023 to 2 April 2023

Paying by Direct Debit

Direct Debit is the safest and easiest way to pay. You can choose to have your rent payment taken on one of four dates (the 1st, 8th, 15th or 25th of the month). You can set up your Direct Debit by either downloading, completing and returning the below mandate form, or you can also go paperless and set this up via the Neighbourhood Team. For more information or support contact the Neighbourhood Team by telephone on 0345 2000 102 or by emailing

Related documents

How your rent is calculated

Rent is charged on all properties. It covers the cost of things like repairs, housing management and capital improvements. It is not dependent on the costs of services provided.

Rent charges for council properties are calculated using a method set out in the Government publication Guidance on Rents for Social Housing published in May 2014.


How did we do?

We would be grateful if you would spare a few minutes to complete a short survey to help us monitor and improve the services we provide. To do this, please follow the link below:

Paying your rent - Satisfaction Survey