How we can help
The special educational needs and disability information, advice and support service (SENDIASS) is a specialist service that can help and guide you in all aspects of special educational needs.
- General advice and information to children, young people, parents and carers
- Impartial and factual support on all aspects of the SEN framework
- Help with the planning and the assessment process of an education, health and care (EHC) plan.
We have a new website that covers the above and much more, please visit www.sendiassnorthtyneside.org.uk
Introduction to the Information Advice and Support Service
How must information, and support services be run to meet the minimum standards
What must information, advice and support services do for children and young people with SEND, and their families, to meet the minimum standards?
Education, health and care plans
IPSEA Independent Parental Special Education Advice website
The Council for Disabled Children have some
What is an Education Health and Care Plan?
What is an Annual Review?
What is Person Centred Planning?
Other Organisations Providing Information, Advice and Support
- British Dyslexia Association
- Cauldwell Children
- Charlie Waller Memorial Trust
- Child Law Advice
- The Challenging Behaviour Foundation
- Contact – For families of disabled children
- Council for Disabled Children (CDC)
- Dyslexia North East
- Family Fund
- LD North East
- National Autistic Society
- National Careers Service
- National Children's bureau
- National Deaf Children's Society
- North East Autism Society
- North Tyneside Carers Centre
- Out Of Sight
- Pathological Demand Avoidance Society
- Pathways 4 All
- QL Mentoring blog
- Rainbow Trust
- Reading Well
- Special Needs Jungle
- Special Needs Today
- The Mix
- The Toby Henderson Trust
- Toucan Education
- Tree of Hope
- Young Minds