The Government is making available a new grant called the Household Support fund. North Tyneside has been awarded £3,219,996 to help our most financially vulnerable households in the borough over the coming year.
In deciding how to best support residents through this grant, the Authority has given serious consideration to what it already has in place for households through the current support package, both through locally funded support and other Government support, and also the priorities that are important but where support is not available. Details of available support is on our Cost of Living page.
How the Household Support Fund grant will be used to support vulnerable households throughout 2023/24:
- Those entitled to income related Free School Meals will receive £15 supermarket vouchers for each week of the school holidays per child.
- Increase support though Crisis Support for those who are in a crisis or who need immediate support.
- Extension to the Warm Welcomes across the borough.
- Residents, community and voluntary partners who are helping residents, can also apply for support via an online application form. Please see below for more information.
The application is currently closed. The number of applications submitted for this month has reached the limit. Applications will re open the following month
- You must be a North Tyneside resident
- Have no savings
- Experiencing significant hardship, which means the applicant is unable to meet the immediate short terms needs of their household.
- Previous applications to Household Support Fund will be taken into consideration (allowance of two applications 1 April 2023 to March 2024 – must have a 3 month gap)