Retail and Leisure Study (Update)
The Retail and Leisure Study was updated in late 2014 and gives an assessment of retail and leisure need in North Tyneside over a 15 year period.
The aim is to assume a reasonable distribution of retail and leisure development by supporting the Borough's centres and provide a basis against which planning applications can be assessed. The study also includes a series of maps that show the boundaries of the town, district and local centres within the Borough.
Retail and Leisure Study
The original study is the same format as the update but includes the original Household Survey that was reused as part of the evidence base for the update in 2014.
North Tyneside Retail Sequential Assessment
This assessment was prepared to inform the Local Plan and carried out in accordance with National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) and National Planning Practice Guidance (NPPG).
Town Centre Regeneration Studies
The Retail Centres Regeneration Strategy aimed to:
- Improve the competitiveness of our retail centres, building on their key assets.
- Identify key projects for Whitley Bay and North Shields town centres.
- Support external and investment funding bids.
- Help business, investors and developers understand our strategic intent.
- Be the basis for planning policy, development management and land assembly.
Public Health Evidence in relation to Hot Food Takeaways
This document provides up-to-date data for childhood obesity and prevalence of hot food takeaways within each ward of the Borough.