About the centre
Sport is the name of the game at The Parks; catering for basketball, indoor and outdoor football, badminton, bowls, cricket, table tennis, trampolining, gymnastics, martial arts and more. The sports hall also hosts a variety of activities as part of our dedicated children’s activity programme.
The Contours gym is home to state-of-the art equipment and also includes a comprehensive programme of classes delivered by expert instructors in modern studios.
We also offer a play den for children, which is located conveniently next to our cafe offering a range of drinks, snacks and light meals.
The flexibility of facilities makes The Parks a great venue for parties – from the children’s play den to themed pirate and princess parties to go-karting parties and weddings for up to 1,000 guests!
Based on the outskirts of North Shields, the centre is also a convenient location for meetings, with a variety of good-value room hire options available, including multi-media facilities.
The Parks Sports Centre boasts:
- Free parking, with disabled spaces
- Contours gym
- Exercise classes (instructor-led and virtual)
- Sports hall
- Dance/exercise studios
- Play den
- Multi-sensory room
- Martial arts
- Table Tennis
- Cricket nets
- Outdoor football pitches (floodlit)
- Indoor and outdoor bowls
- Disabled changing facilities
- After school and school holiday activities
- Baby and toddler activities
- Children’s parties
- Private hire for meetings and functions
Wellbeing Walking Groups also take place across the borough, with one group meeting at The Parks. For more information, see here.
The Parks Sports Centre has the following features to assist with accessibility;
- Seven disabled parking spaces
- 3 steps & one wide load accessible ramp to the front entrance, with automatic doors
- Hearing loop at reception
- Lift from the reception area to the first floor
- One hoist for changing rooms
- 3 accessible changing rooms/Toilets
- Disabled toilet and changing facilities located in Sports Hall Corridor left wing, & right wing and first floor Contours Corridor