The main pool and small pool are closed to the public due to a Gala on the following dates:
- 17 June and 18 June
- 24 June and 25 June
- 8 July and 9 July
About the centre
We offer an extensive range of pool classes and activities including aqua classes, lane swimming, adult and junior group swimming lessons, one-to-one swimming lessons and pool parties.
The changing area includes single, double and family changing cubicles, baby changing facilities and a vanity area with hairdryers. Accessible changing rooms are available for customers with a disability.
Our Contours gym offers state-of-the art equipment and a comprehensive programme of classes are delivered from expert instructors in our modern studio.
- Free parking, with disabled spaces
- Swimming pools
- Swimming lessons for all ages
- Contours gym
- Exercise classes
- Spa, with disabled access
- Dance/exercise studio
- Baby and toddler activities
- After school and school holiday activities
- Table tennis
- Disabled changing facilities
- Children’s parties
- Private hire for meetings and functions
- Vending machines for refreshments
- Monday: 7.15am-6pm (then 8.30pm-9.45pm for adults only)
- Tuesday to Friday: 7.15am-5.30pm
- Saturday: 8.30am-1pm
- Sunday: 8.30am-12pm
Tynemouth Pool offers a range of pool classes and activities.
The changing area includes single, double and family changing cubicles, baby changing facilities and a vanity area with hairdryers.
There are also accessible changing rooms available for disabled customers.
For further details about what’s on in the pool please contact 0191 643 2900.
Please note, pool availability may be subject to change due to swimming galas, staff training and during school holidays. Notices are available on site or contact reception for more information.
Child admission policy
- Children aged between 0 and 3 years old must be accompanied in the water on a one child to one adult basis;
- Children aged between 4 and 7 years old must be accompanied in the water on a two children to one adult basis;
- Children aged 8 years or over may attend the pool without adult supervision;
- An adult is defined as anyone 16 years or older who is responsible and competent to ensure the safety and wellbeing of any child in their care.