Private housing

Private landlord? Thinking of becoming one? Make sure you have all of the information you need.

Gas safety, smoke and carbon monoxide alarms, landlord responsibility.

If you rent out a property as a house in multiple occupation (HMO), you may need a licence from us.

Financial help and grants for private housing.

Help us bring empty, private sector properties back into use.