Please confirm that you have read the North Tyneside Council Discretionary Grant Criteria and you understand that your business is eligible to apply for a £5,000 grant for micro businesses, or a £10,000 grant for small businesses
Please confirm that your business is in one of the sectors which are being supported in Phase 1 of the grant scheme:
- Small businesses in shared offices or other workspaces which do not have their own business rates assessment. Businesses must have their own allocated space which is not accessible by other businesses. Businesses occupying hot desks or other collaborative space are not eligible;
- Regular market traders attending markets on at least 4 days per week with fixed building costs, who do not have their own business rates assessment;
- Bed & Breakfasts which pay Council Tax instead of business rates. Applicants need to have been registered with North Tyneside Council’s Environmental Health Team on 11 March 2020;
- Charity properties in receipt of charitable business rates relief which would otherwise have been eligible for Small Business Rates Relief or Rural Rate Relief; and
- Manufacturing businesses working on products for the NHS Supply Chain directly linked to Covid-19 which are unable to access NHS Supplier Relief funds.
If you are ineligible
If you are not eligible for the current grant scheme, please do not apply now. Subject to available resources, we hope to issue a phase 2 based on local priorities and are accepting expressions of interest to inform this scheme.